First Dental Visit
First Dental Visit & Dental Exam
Your comfort and satisfaction are important from the get-go—and that starts here, with an explanation of what you can expect at your first dental visit to your Aspen Dental practice.
- We’re always happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your first dentist visit—just call, write, or ask your dentist.
Hellos and paperwork
In the waiting room, you will be greeted by your Patient Service Representative who will get you started on your new patient paperwork.
- Please come in 15 minutes before your appointment so you have time to complete your paperwork.
- Save time: Access your new patient paperwork now. By filling out your forms now, you can save time in the office later.
Initial comprehensive exam & X-rays
You will meet with your dentist to talk about your medical history. If you have any oral health worries or fears, you can feel comfortable sharing them with him or her—your comfort is most important, so we encourage you to ask questions.
Next, your dentist will likely examine your teeth, gums, and mouth, and take x-rays and/or panoramic radiographs. Panoramic radiographs help your dentist view unerupted or impacted teeth, as well as sinus conditions, and can detect lesions or fractures in the jaw.
- This initial comprehensive exam is a no-risk way to learn the status of your oral health, and to learn how your Aspen Dental team can help you. If you want a second opinion, no problem – you can obtain a copy of your exam results and x-rays at no charge.
- There's a good reason why you probably won't receive a teeth cleaning at your first appointment: Each new patient relationship often starts with an initial exam so your dental team can understand your needs and concerns first, then tailor your hygiene treatment to you. This way, you’ll get the most out of your cleaning appointments and the time and attention you deserve.
Sit down with your dental team
Your dentist will discuss the comprehensive dental treatment plan he or she developed specifically for you. While your dentist will provide the expert guidance you deserve, your questions are always welcome and you always have the final say in your treatment.
- Your treatment plan is designed to prevent small issues from getting bigger and more expensive, so it will address the problems that are bothering you now and may also identify others that could impact your long-term oral health.
After you’ve talked with your dentist, your office manager will answer any questions or concerns you might have, including the payment options available and how your dental insurance works.
You’re on your way to a healthier mouth
After your first dental visit, you will receive a copy of your dental treatment plan, which includes the price quote for your recommended treatments.
- If you have any questions or if there’s anything you don't understand, please call—we want to make sure you understand and feel comfortable with your recommended treatment.
Straightforward Treatment Plans
Your Aspen Dental practice will provide a clear, detailed estimate on the cost of your treatment plan in writing so you know what to expect. Also, if your treatment plan includes dentures, and you’re not happy with your dentures, your Aspen Dental practice will make them right or your money back.
- Learn more about our Peace of Mind Promise®.
Let’s work together to give you a healthy mouth. Let’s start today. Schedule an appointment online or call toll-free (833) 573-1434.
Finding us is as easy as
typing in the little box below