Denture Care: How to Clean Dentures
As with natural teeth, taking daily care of your dentures is important. Here are some guidelines for how to care for and how to clean your dentures.
- Clean your dentures after every meal to remove food deposits and plaque. Take your denture out, rinse it off, and apply denture cleaner to your wet denture brush. Brush your denture gently and rinse it well.
- Brush your gums, tongue, and palate morning and night.
- Use a denture brush and denture cleaner. You can also use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Do not use toothpaste or a hard-bristled toothbrush, as they can damage your denture.
- Brush your dentures over a basin full of water or a folded towel so they won’t break if you drop them.
- Store your dentures in a denture cleansing soaking solution or water when you’re not wearing them as dentures can lose shape if they dry out.
- Keep your dentures in a safe place when you’re not wearing them
Finding us is as easy as
typing in the little box below