In all cases, Aspen Dental patients agree to the following payment policies:
- Payment in full of the estimated patient portion of the fees is due no later than when services are rendered.
- For comprehensive treatment plans requiring multiple office visits, Aspen Dental requires a minimum deposit of 60% of the total estimated patient portion of the fees at the start of treatment.
- Patients are always responsible for amounts not covered by insurance, regardless of whether the original estimate included an expected insurance benefit, unless prohibited by law, or unless Aspen Dental has a contractual agreement with my plan prohibiting all or a portion of such charges.
- Patients may, at their discretion, elect to pay in full, in advance for comprehensive treatment plans. Refunds for unused credit balances will be issued pursuant to Aspen Dental's refund policy as stipulated in section IV of the Patient Acknowledgements Policy.
You may discontinue treatment and request a refund from Aspen Dental at any time. Aspen Dental will refund any amount paid for treatment that you did not receive, except when Aspen Dental's policy for Interrupted Services, set forth in section IV applies.
All Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment, except cash payments will be refunded by check.
In all cases, credit balances existing on accounts after 180 days of inactivity will be refunded through the original form of payment, except that cash payments will be refunded by check, and account holders will be sent a letter notifying them of the refund.
How to Request a Refund
Cash or Check Payment Refunds
- Account Holder Refund Request — Upon receipt of a request for a refund, Aspen Dental will confirm all payments by check have cleared the bank (may take up to 15 business days). Once the credit balance is confirmed, Aspen Dental will issue a refund check within 10 business days.
- Account Inactivity Automatic Refund — If an account is inactive for 21 days with no scheduled appointments, Aspen Dental will inform the account holder in writing that they may request a refund of a credit balance.
Major Credit Card Refunds
Any refund of payment originated through a credit card company must be refunded to the originating credit card account. Please contact your credit card company for more information regarding their refund policy.
- Account Holder Refund Request — Aspen Dental will issue credit card refunds within 3 business days. It may take up to 7 business days for the credit card company to post the payment to the cardholder's account.
- 21 Day Automatic Refund of Patient Deposit with No Account Activity / No Scheduled Future Appointment – Aspen Dental will automatically refund outstanding credit balances to the originating credit card holder's account. A letter is sent by Aspen Dental to the account holder detailing the refund.
Third Party Lender Refunds
Any refund of payment originated through third party lenders must be refunded to the original account. Please contact the third party lender for more information regarding their refund policy as processing of refunds may not be reflected on an account for up to 2 billing cycles.
- Account Holder Refund Request — Aspen Dental will issue third party lender refunds within 3 business days.
- 21 Day Automatic Refund of Patient Deposit with No Activity / No Scheduled Future Appointments — Aspen Dental will automatically refund the outstanding credit balance to the original third party lender account. A letter is sent by Aspen Dental to the account holder detailing the refund.