It is very important to maintain a healthy mouth, especially during Valentine’s Day.
“A recent study showed that nearly one in three Americans say that a person’s smile is the first thing people notice about someone’s face,” said Maureen Howes, RDH, MS, director of hygiene services at Aspen Dental Management Inc. (ADMI), which provides non-clinical business services to Aspen Dental offices. “There are simple things you can do to have a healthy smile, including visiting your dentist every six months for regular check-ups and cleanings.”
For those with healthy teeth and gums who have issues with surface stains, Aspen Dental locations offer in-office and take-home teeth whitening options, including Nite White/Day White teeth whitening at all locations, available with a doctor’s exam.
Here are 5 basic ways to keep breath fresh and teeth white this Valentine’s Day:
1. Brush and Floss at least twice a day: Poor brushing and flossing habits may cause bacteria found in plaque to multiply and destroy gums and teeth.
2. Avoid Garlic, Onions and Coffee: Foods/beverages such as garlic, onions, and coffee are absorbed into the bloodstream and cause odors when exhaled. Beverages like coffee , tea, wine, and soda also have the potential to stain teeth.
3. Smoking Causes Bad Breath: Cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco and snuff create odors in the mouth. Tobacco users are also at risk for periodontal disease, loss of taste abilities, and oral cancer.
4. Clean Your Tongue: Treat bad breath by cleaning the tongue daily using a toothbrush or a tongue cleaner starting as far back on the tongue as you can.
5. Go for a professional teeth cleaning: Regular visits to the dentist and hygienist will help keep your mouth healthy.
To make an appointment, you can call 800-ASPEN DENTAL (800-277-3633), or visit www.aspendental.com.
© 2013, Kasey P.. All rights reserved.